At Feeld we are creating a world where women can explore their desires without judgement and couples can design their relationships. We are building an inclusive, human-centred product and are looking for a Haskell developer to join our growing backend team.
As a Haskell Developer you will be responsible for maintenance and continuous improvement of our codebase.
The ideal candidate recognises that code is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to sustainable development practices.
What you will do:
- Provide ongoing Maintenance
- Develop automated tests
- Develop new code
- Experience with and/or interest in sustainable development, preferably in Haskell
- Experience working remotely and ideally asynchronously
- Experience with and/or interest in effective self-management
- DevOps experience, preferably Nix but also Docker and k8s
- Personal system administration
- Experience with Go, Coffeescript, Python
Feeld is an independent, experimental and fully remote organisation reshaping the dialogue on dating and sexuality. The company was founded in 2014 and has evolved since to become the open, distributed structure it is now. We have a naturally agile and fluid culture. The whole team is fully remote, which means you work where and when helps you perform at your best. We regard autonomy highly and treat our organisation as a product – we iterate, improve and test things internally to see what works best for everyone.
Compensation & Perks:
We’ve designed compensation and perks in a way that supports the Core Values of the company.
One of those Core Values is: Human.
This means: We are conscious of how our work and decisions impact other humans and the environment. We design our product and organisation with attention to and consideration for the wellbeing and happiness of our members and colleagues. We believe in technology and working environments that enable people to live a meaningful, fulfilled life.
Therefore, we offer our staff:
- flexible working hours
- unlimited paid time off
- a fully remote working situation
Forget about gimmicks like Bumble giving their staff one week off because people were on the edge of burning out - Feeld’s way of working is designed to proactively prevent burnout and an “always on” culture.
Remote working works 95% of the year. However, we are in the business of facilitating human connection, so it makes sense that we’d also want to facilitate that with our staff. Pre-Covid, Feeld had annual in-person company retreats in destinations such as Gran Canaria, Vigo, Porto, and the English countryside. As soon as we can safely resume these, we will! Some of the perks of working at Feeld are:
- Company retreats
- Access to the Feeld Flat in Porto, Portugal
- You are able to use your expense account to purchase access to co-working spaces
One of our Core Values is: Transparent.
This means: We strive for complete openness of information within the organisation and for enabling honesty on our platform. Internally, we keep decision-making transparent to keep each other accountable and make sure all voices are heard. That is why:
- Everyone is given equity options
- We have open compensation data - everyone's salary and equity grants are public among the Feeld staff
One of our Core Values is: Fluid.
This means: We design and organise with fluidity in mind, avoiding overly prescriptive environments for our product, operations and growth. We encourage our members to freely explore their desires and design their relationships, and we make that possible by enabling each member of staff to work where and when helps them do their best work.
Ways Feeld supports team members being Fluid are:
- £3k budget for computer and home office set-up
- Expense account (£225 per month) to be used on co-working memberships, fitness, coffees, subscription to Headspace/Calm, etc.
- Training budget
- On-demand therapy sessions and mental health support via Spill