At Feeld, we are creating a world where women can explore their desires without judgment and couples can design their relationships. We are building an inclusive, human-centred product.
We’re looking for a Head of Finance to join our remote team and change how people perceive dating, sexuality and relationships.
You will be responsible for ensuring efficiency and smooth workflows as well as the long-term financial health of Feeld.
To be right for this role, you should thrive working autonomously and have curiosity to understand business drivers. Candidates must have a UK Accounting qualification.
What you will do:
- Legal & compliance: Maintain relationships with attorneys. Have full accountability for vendor agreements, employment agreements, equity agreements and similar. Ensure proper business insurances, accounting requirements and similar legal requirements are met. Own responses for legal inquiries.
- Risk management: Identify where we should be committing resources to protect the company from catastrophic events and failures related to inefficiencies or financial and legal risks.
- Company structure: Work with VP of People to ensure compliance with employment laws. Lead organization / company formation for international expansion.
- Process Improvement: Strive to create a frictionless work environment for our team. Continuously develop systems and processes. Evaluate current processes, identify best practices, develop plans to reach goals and implement improvements. Work with operations consultants to constantly refine and improve our SOPs and virtual workplace.
- People: Support compensation structuring including maintenance and management of open salaries calculator.
- Management: Lead (1) Operations / Project Manager
- Communication: Effectively communicate with Senior Leaders and drive strategic decision making
- Planning / Forecasting: Lead planning and forecasting activities to achieve business and company goals. Highlight and understand major assumptions and their effects on the budget/forecast. Perform sensitivity analysis to assess a reasonable range of outcomes.
- Reporting: Report and provide in-depth analysis on monthly Actuals vs. Forecast / Budget to key team members. Support reporting across the senior leadership team and at the board level.
- Business Analysis: Continually keep a pulse on the business to identify ROI opportunities, manage risks and opportunities, and provide key financial and business support to leadership
- Compensation: Support administration of compensation programs including management of employee options agreements and open salaries calculator.
- Management: Lead (3) person finance team (Finance Manager, Financial Analyst & Financial Accountant)
- You have impeccable attention to detail
- You are committed to producing quality work
- You are process-oriented
- You have strong organizational skills
- You are curious to understand business drivers
- You are ambitious
- You thrive when given autonomy
- You have a strong work ethic
- You have successfully led teams
- You hold a UK Accounting qualification
- You’ve worked at a scale-up before
- You have a strong knowledge of contract law
- You have FP&A experience
- Internship or job placement experience
Feeld is an independent, experimental and fully remote organisation reshaping the dialogue on dating and sexuality. The company was founded in 2014 and has evolved since to become the open, distributed structure it is now. We have a naturally agile and fluid culture. The whole team is fully remote, which means you work where and when helps you perform at your best. We regard autonomy highly and treat our organisation as a product – we iterate, improve and test things internally to see what works best for everyone.
We believe in creating a safe work environment through humanity, fluidity, safety, transparency and progressiveness. When hiring, we look for culture add rather than culture fit.
Because we are a fully remote team, it’s especially important that we create an environment where our colleagues feel included and connected as humans.
Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging at Feeld:
Feeld promotes open-mindedness, inclusion, diversity and kindness, both in the world and among our own workforce.
We encourage and welcome applications from people with a history of marginalisation, whether because of race, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability (seen or unseen) or any confluence of intersectional identities.
Our goal is a barrier-free application process and working environment. If you require further details or assistance or have any questions about this process, please let us know at [email protected]
Compensation and perks:
We are conscious of how our work and decisions impact other humans and the environment. We design our product and organisation with consideration for the wellbeing and happiness of our members and colleagues. We believe in technology and working environments that enable people to live a meaningful, fulfilled life.
Therefore, we offer our staff:
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited paid time off
- A fully remote working situation
- $3,500 USD annual expense budget
- $4,000 USD equipment and home office budget
- Learning & development budget
- On demand therapy sessions and mental health support via Spill
- Company retreats
- Access to the Feeld Flat in Porto, Portugal
Feeld’s way of working is designed to proactively prevent burnout and an “always on” culture.
One of our Core Values is: Transparent. We strive for complete openness of information within the organisation and for enabling honesty on our platform. Internally, we keep decision-making transparent to keep each other accountable and make sure all voices are heard.
That is why we offer:
- Open and transparent salaries
- Baseline Freedom Salary of $80,000 or £60,000 per year for all roles
- Equity for all staff
Our interview process:
- Your first conversation with Feeld will be a screening call with our recruiter, where you’ll be able to ask - and receive answers - regarding any general questions you have and to confirm the role is a fit for what you’re seeking.
- Your second conversation will connect you directly with the hiring manager for the role you’re applying to. Here, you’ll have a chance to ask more questions about the work you’ll be doing. This conversation will also focus on your past work experiences.
- The next step for most of our roles is a candidate challenge. This is an evaluation of the skills relevant to be successful in this role and generally takes about a few hours to complete.
- Your third conversation allows you the opportunity to meet the team members you might be working with on a daily basis. Here, you’ll be able to ask questions about team processes, workflow, and the employee experience at Feeld.
- We generally make an offer within 2 weeks of our final call, and offer a flexible start date that can begin as early as the next Monday after you sign our offer documentation.
- Of note: all of our interviews are conducted remotely, and our interviewers will work with you to find an agreeable interview time based on mutual availability.
We understand we're asking you to invest your time and best efforts in our process, and are appreciative of getting the chance to better know who you are as a person and candidate. In return, we’re committed to offering transparent communication and prompt feedback as you navigate this application with us.