At Feeld we are on a mission to become the biggest and most effective app for threesomes and unconventional sexual experiences. We are building an inclusive, human-centred product welcoming people in relationships or not to meet like-minded others.
We are looking to expand our infrastructure team by opening up a position for a junior engineer.
If you're a developer looking to move to a more operational role, a graduate looking to pursue a career in DevOps and infrastructure engineering, or are just looking for a way into the world of infra and technical operations in general, this position might suit you.
Daily responsibilities will vary, but a general pattern of tasks might include proactive issue-hunting, improving our automation and monitoring, working with the development team to advise them on – and provide – the tools they need to run the latest and greatest features in development, as well as responding to issues, building fixes and workarounds, and applying creative thinking to solutions.
While you will need a technical background in order to hit the ground running, this is a junior role, and that means we are realistic about our responsibility to support you as you build your skillset. This is not a position for someone who wants to remain at a junior level forever, as you will be supported in your development and growth within the company.
- Previous technical experience and a technical mindset
- General understanding or working knowledge of the concepts behind:
- Google Cloud Platform
- Containerisation with Docker
- IPv4 networking, routing, load balancing, and firewalling
- Configuration management
- CI/CD processes
- Ability to learn and work autonomously, with necessary support
- Ability to make and justify suggestions and recommendations, and find solutions
- Comfortable working in an environment where topics of sexuality and gender are commonly and openly discussed in a respectful manner
- Work experience as DevOps, Infrastructure engineer or a similar software engineering role
- Experience with remote working
- Side-projects, automation, or tools you've built which you can show us (finished or not)
- Experience with functional programming in CoffeeScript or Haskell
- Experience with configuration management using Pulumi or Terraform
- General understanding or working knowledge of the concepts behind IPv6 networking, routing, load balancing, firewalling, and 'Serverless' computing
- Qualifications in computer science or industry certifications
What we offer
Feeld is an independent, experimental and fully remote organisation reshaping the dialogue on dating and sexuality. The company was founded 5 years ago and has evolved since to become the transparent, innovative company it is now. The whole team is fully remote, which means you work where and when helps you perform at your best. We treat our organisation as a product – we iterate, improve and test things internally to see what works best for everyone. Some things we provide are:
- flexible working hours
- unlimited holidays
- fully remote
- annual retreats
- equity options
- expense account
- training budget
- computer and home office equipment
- transparency - open data, open salaries, open equity
- access to the Feeld Flat in Porto, Portugal
- friendly humans