At Feeld we are creating a world where women can explore their desires without judgement and couples can design their relationships. We are building an inclusive, human-centred product and are looking for a Remote Workplace Environment Designer/Architect to join our growing Operations team.
Other companies may call this role "IT Administrator", but here at Feeld we understand that, as an all-remote organisation, our tools and equipment — the way they are set up, designed, and integrate with one another — create the work environment that informs the employment experience. That means you'll be so much more than an IT Administrator.
In this role you will be responsible for server infrastructure, security and maintenance, software configuration, deployment and management, security assessment and vulnerability mitigation of hardware and software estates and disaster recovery, security and protection of data.
What you will do:
- Implement and maintain security standards, policies and procedures.
- Manage security user system, data entitlements, authorisations, access rights, account creation, and modifications across multiple platforms and applications.
- Install, configure, maintain, evaluate and troubleshoot security tools, including hardware, software, systems and services.
- Administer remote-access infrastructure.
Oversee collaboration tools & technologies
- Plan, design, develop, and maintain the overall collaboration enterprise architecture, strategy, standards, and roadmap to ensure effective integration of online meeting technology (i.e., Google Meet, Zoom, etc.), instant messaging, desktop sharing, video, mobility, IP voice, email, and data systems of the business.
- Determine the collaboration requirements of the business functions, and design collaboration systems in the context of the overall enterprise architecture. Interface with Information Security and various business and technical stakeholders, ensuring operational standards and governance are developed and maintained.
- Provide strategic guidance, oversee the execution of current governance processes relating to technology solutions that will enable the business to meet its financial and strategic goals, and ensure timely responses to project requirements and quality deliverables.
- Establish performance metrics and measures to track governance outcomes and overall value to the organisation.
- Oversee collaboration between technology services rendered by strategic partners and service providers.
- Oversee the identification, evaluation, research, and development of future technology needs and new and emerging technologies and/or new applications of existing technologies that would deliver new capabilities to the business; and recommend the adoption of new technologies to provide the information needed to lead the company into the future and attain its short and long-term business goals.
- Utilise resources (hardware, software, and personnel) to meet computer services plans and goals of the corporation in the collaboration technologies area.
- Partner with Security Engineers to ensure that business collaboration technology is secure and not vulnerable to external and/or un-authorised access.
- Acquire, implement, modify and manage hardware, software, and peripheral equipment, such as mobile phones, monitors, headsets, home office equipment, etc.
- Analyse, detect, and correct minor hardware, software, network and related IT issues.
- Perform hardware, software and peripheral equipment improvements and upgrades to ensure all systems are up-to-date.
- Monitor system performance to ensure that operations are within established standards, and develop recommendations for enhancements to improve operations and increase system capabilities.
- Administer IT onboarding of new employees, including collecting requirements, setup, and deployment.
- Help customise and adapt existing programs and user interface to meet users' requirements and needs of the business.
- Maintain inventory of IT equipment, such as desktops, mobile phones, etc.
- Create, organise, and update documentation of IT processes, policies, licensing and systems.
- Provide help desk support and specialised technical assistance to system users, escalating issues as necessary.
- Present equipment and policy training to staff and end users.
- Plan, develop, and implement recovery and backup procedures.
- Communicate IT plans, tasks and modifications to relevant stakeholders and employees.
- Assist with research and evaluation of new technology, techniques, threats and industry best practices to optimise efficiency and usability, and minimise vulnerabilities.
- A strong drive to stay current with the latest security best practices
- Understanding of Cloud technologies
- Experience of collaborating with technical and non-technical teams
- A subject matter expert who wants to implement tactical solutions and contribute to the bigger picture. Production servers, networks, clients, and data are safe in your hands.
- Previous experience of establishing asset management processes
- A strong understanding of Google Workspace, wireless networking, desktop and server hardware, antivirus and remote support products, and operating systems
- Customer service focus with a genuine passion to help other humans
- Excellent communication and time-management skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Methodical approach to troubleshooting problems
- Flexible and adaptable approach to working in order to meet the needs of the business
- Experience training staff on newly-installed hardware and software systems
- STEM Degree
- ITIL Certification
Feeld is an independent, experimental and fully remote organisation reshaping the dialogue on dating and sexuality. The company was founded in 2014 and has evolved since to become the open, distributed structure it now is. We have a naturally agile and fluid culture. The whole team is fully remote, which means you work where and when helps you perform at your best. We regard autonomy highly and treat our organisation as a product – we iterate, improve and test things internally to see what works best for everyone.
Compensation & Perks:
We’ve designed compensation and perks in a way that supports the Core Values of the company.
One of those Core Values is: Human.
This means: We are conscious of how our work and decisions impact other humans and the environment. We design our product and organisation with attention to and consideration for the wellbeing and happiness of our members and colleagues. We believe in technology and working environments that enable people to live a meaningful, fulfilled life.
Therefore, we offer our staff:
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited paid time off
- A fully remote working situation
Forget about gimmicks such as companies giving their staff one week off because people were on the edge of burning out—Feeld’s way of working is designed to proactively prevent burnout and an 'always on' culture.
Remote working works 95% of the year. However, we are in the business of facilitating human connection, so it makes sense that we’d also want to facilitate that with our staff. Pre-Covid, Feeld had annual in-person company retreats in destinations such as Gran Canaria, Vigo, Porto, and the English countryside. As soon as we can safely resume these, we will! Some of the perks of working at Feeld are:
- Company retreats
- Access to the Feeld Flat in Porto, Portugal
- You are able to use your expense account to purchase access to co-working spaces
One of our Core Values is: Transparent.
This means: We strive for complete openness of information within the organisation and for enabling honesty on our platform. Internally, we keep decision-making transparent to keep each other accountable and make sure all voices are heard. That is why:
- Everyone is given equity options
- We have open compensation data - everyone's salary and equity grants are visible among the Feeld staff
One of our Core Values is: Fluid.
This means: We design and organise with fluidity in mind, avoiding overly prescriptive environments for our product, operations and growth. We encourage our members to freely explore their desires and design their relationships, and we make that possible by enabling each member of staff to work where and when helps them do their best work.
Ways Feeld supports team members being Fluid are:
- £3k budget for computer and home office set-up
- Expense account (£225 per month) to be used on co-working memberships, fitness, coffees, subscription to Headspace/Calm, etc.
- Training budget
- On-demand therapy sessions and mental health support via Spill