At Feeld, we are creating a world where women can explore their desires without judgment and couples can design their relationships. We are building an inclusive, human-centred product.
We’re looking for a Financial Accountant to join our remote team and change how people perceive dating, sexuality and relationships.
You will be responsible for scaling the financial and management reporting function to support growth and achieve management’s strategic plan.
To be right for this role, you should be an ACCA Qualified Accountant with at least 2 years PQE and a solid understanding of UK GAAP, German IFRS and US GAAP.
What you will do:
- Run the end-to-end processes and enhance the daily accounting processes and month end closing processes for better control and efficiency.
- Ensure payroll is accurate and records are maintained.
- Prepare and ensure accuracy of VAT filing.
- Reconcile accounts including receivable and payable.
- Ensure cashflow is utilized properly and balances of individual bank accounts and corporate credit card accounts are maintained at sufficient level.
- Manage the finance team’s shared mailbox and Slack channel, address colleagues’ enquires and follow up issues with vendors and banks.
- Assist Finance Manager to deliver accurate monthly and annual financial reports, schedules, filings and audits in compliance with accounting standards and tax regulations.
- Assist Finance Manager on projects and ad-hoc requests.
How you will grow:
- Will help build an inclusive work environment that is not overly prescriptive through open-mindedness, transparency and humanity
- Gain a global perspective through colleagues working in 19 different countries
- Get used to iterating and adapting quickly in a growth-oriented environment
- ACCA Qualified Accountant with a minimum of 2 years PQE
- Strong accounting acumen and knowledge of relevant regulations (understanding of UK GAAP, German IFRS and US GAAP)
- Experience in preparing monthly management reports and statutory reporting
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel / Google Sheet and accounting software
- In-depth understanding of accounting procedures
- Time-management and prioritization are superpowers of yours
- Excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail minded and committed to quality work
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Sound project management and problem-solving skills
- You have a BSc degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- You have a ‘can do’ attitude and strong sense of urgency and ownership
- Your mindset is agile and you are able to work on own initiative
- We look forward to you contributing to our culture by bringing your unique lived experience
Feeld is an independent, experimental and fully remote organisation reshaping the dialogue on dating and sexuality. The company was founded in 2014 and has evolved since to become the open, distributed structure it is now. We have a naturally agile and fluid culture. The whole team is fully remote, which means you work where and when helps you perform at your best. We regard autonomy highly and treat our organisation as a product – we iterate, improve and test things internally to see what works best for everyone.
We believe in creating a safe work environment through humanity, fluidity, safety, transparency and progressiveness. When hiring, we look for culture add rather than culture fit.
Because we are a fully remote team, it’s especially important that we create an environment where our colleagues feel included and connected as humans.
Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging at Feeld:
Feeld promotes open-mindedness, inclusion, diversity and kindness, both in the world and among our own workforce.
We encourage and welcome applications from people with a history of marginalisation, whether because of race, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability (seen or unseen) or any confluence of intersectional identities.
Our goal is a barrier-free application process and working environment. If you require further details or assistance or have any questions about this process, please let us know at [email protected]
Compensation and perks:
We are conscious of how our work and decisions impact other humans and the environment. We design our product and organisation with consideration for the wellbeing and happiness of our members and colleagues. We believe in technology and working environments that enable people to live a meaningful, fulfilled life.
Therefore, we offer our staff:
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited paid time off
- A fully remote working situation
- $3,500 USD annual expense budget
- $4,000 USD equipment and home office budget
- Learning & development budget
- On demand therapy sessions and mental health support via Spill
- Company retreats
- Access to the Feeld Flat in Porto, Portugal
Feeld’s way of working is designed to proactively prevent burnout and an “always on” culture.
One of our Core Values is: Transparent. We strive for complete openness of information within the organisation and for enabling honesty on our platform. Internally, we keep decision-making transparent to keep each other accountable and make sure all voices are heard.
That is why we offer:
- Open and transparent salaries that have eliminated the gender pay gap internally
- Baseline Freedom Salary of $80,000 or £60,000 per year for all roles
- Equity for all staff