At Feeld we are creating a world where women can explore their desires without judgement and couples can design their relationships. We are building an inclusive, human-centred product and are looking for an engineer to join our growing Infrastructure team.
As an Infrastructure engineer you will be responsible for ensuring Feeld is online for our members, allowing them to use our platform and fulfill their desires. We put a high value on the safety of our members, so we're striving to make our infrastructure more secure and less complex, while increasing flexibility and making sure we can quickly debug any issues that occur.
We're looking for someone who cares deeply about what our members' experience, and wants to help us deliver the future of dating. You must like moving quickly - we're hiring to take us to the next level, and we rely on our infrastructure to be the foundations on which we can build a product that our members are proud to use.
What you will do:
- Support developers in the production of new features
- Diagnose, identify and fix bugs
- Maintain and ensure a testable and reusable code base
- Enable company to achieve its objectives by delivering a high quality product
- Provide a platform to enable data driven product and growth decisions
- Monitor and spot opportunities for us to make changes - use data to help us make good decisions
- Improve, maintain and monitor a secure infrastructure
- Database maintenance and optimisation
- Build an ever-improving infrastructure for us to deploy our backend to. We need performance and reliability to reach our goals.
- Provide tools to the rest of the business to enable them to perform their responsibilities (ie platform & community tools, analytics tools)
- Build, maintain, and monitor operational glue and internal tooling
- Monitoring platforms
- Alerting platforms
- Log management platforms
- Tracing and insight platforms
- You will be working in a timezone opposite our existing team members to help us ensure humans all over the planet can use Feeld at any time of the day
- Participate in our On-Call duty roster to ensure if something does go wrong, we can fix it as soon as possible
- Represent Feeld's Tech to the outside world
- Promote Feeld as a tech leader in the development community
- Engage with conferences, blogs and other mediums
- Being precise (attention to detail)
- Knowledge sharing
- Initiative taking
- Cautious (risk awareness)
Feeld is an independent, experimental and fully remote organisation reshaping the dialogue on dating and sexuality. The company was founded in 2014 and has evolved since to become the open, distributed structure it is now. We have a naturally agile and fluid culture. The whole team is fully remote, which means you work where and when helps you perform at your best. We regard autonomy highly and treat our organisation as a product – we iterate, improve and test things internally to see what works best for everyone.
Compensation & Perks:
** The minimum starting salary at Feeld is $80,000 USD. **
We’ve designed compensation and perks in a way that supports the Core Values of the company.
One of those Core Values is: Human.
This means: We are conscious of how our work and decisions impact other humans and the environment. We design our product and organisation with attention to and consideration for the wellbeing and happiness of our members and colleagues. We believe in technology and working environments that enable people to live a meaningful, fulfilled life.
Therefore, we offer our staff:
- flexible working hours
- unlimited paid time off
- a fully remote working situation
Forget about gimmicks like companies giving their staff one week off because people were on the edge of burning out - Feeld’s way of working is designed to proactively prevent burnout and an “always on” culture.
Remote working works 95% of the year. However, we are in the business of facilitating human connection, so it makes sense that we’d also want to facilitate that with our staff. Pre-Covid, Feeld had annual in-person company retreats in destinations such as Gran Canaria, Vigo, Porto, and the English countryside. As soon as we can safely resume these, we will! Some of the perks of working at Feeld are:
- Company retreats
- Access to the Feeld Flat in Porto, Portugal
- You are able to use your expense account to purchase access to co-working spaces
One of our Core Values is: Transparent.
This means: We strive for complete openness of information within the organisation and for enabling honesty on our platform. Internally, we keep decision-making transparent to keep each other accountable and make sure all voices are heard. That is why:
- Everyone is given equity options
- We have open compensation data - everyone's salary and equity grants are public among the Feeld staff
One of our Core Values is: Fluid.
This means: We design and organise with fluidity in mind, avoiding overly prescriptive environments for our product, operations and growth. We encourage our members to freely explore their desires and design their relationships, and we make that possible by enabling each member of staff to work where and when helps them do their best work.
Ways Feeld supports team members being Fluid are:
- £3k budget for computer and home office set-up
- Expense account (£225 per month) to be used on co-working memberships, fitness, coffees, subscription to Headspace/Calm, etc.
- Training budget
- On-demand therapy sessions and mental health support via Spill