We're looking for an energetic, experienced and self-motivated human to join our remote team and make a change in how people perceive dating, sexuality and relationships.
The first dating app for couples and singles, Feeld is a pioneer in enabling pairs to explore dating together. We are building an inclusive, human-centred product and are currently expanding our development team with several engineers.
As the Lead Backend Engineer, you will be responsible for building and maintaining our budding microservices architecture. You are a mentor and an architect, experienced in scaling systems with a focus on privacy and security. You will join a small yet growing team of talented, mission-oriented humans spread across the world.
As a member of the development team, you will:
- Build new features collaborating with peers from across the company: product, client engineers, data team
- Improve the scalability, reliability, and maintainability of our backend services
- Conduct code reviews and provide helpful feedback to your teammates
- Write ethical code, share your opinions and inspire others to grow
- Work on a modern tech stack: Haskell, GCP, Kubernetes, MongoDB
- You have 5+ years of experience in software development building backend services at scale
- You'll mentor other engineers and deeply review code
- You have experience working in distributed production systems
- You have prior experience developing applications in Haskell
- You have worked with at least one message or event-based technology (Kafka, Kinesis, RabbitMQ, SQS, etc.) and you can talk in-depth about how to use it
- You can own complex projects end-to-end, coordinate with other teams, and communicate broadly to internal stakeholders
- You are excited to share opinions on best practices
- Prior knowledge of CoffeeScript preferred but not required
What we offer
- Outstanding development team and personal growth opportunities
- Unlimited holidays
- Fully remote and flexible working hours
- Bi-annual retreats
- Equity options
- Expense accounts
- Training budgets
- Computer and home office equipment
- Full-transparency – open data, open salaries, open equity
- Access to the Feeld flat in Porto, Portugal
- Friendly humans, and a dynamic, fast-paced internal working environment
Feeld is an independent, experimental and fully remote organisation reshaping the dialogue on dating and sexuality. The company was founded 6 years ago and has evolved since to become the open, distributed structure it is now. We don’t believe in standard management, so we have a naturally agile and fluid culture. The whole team is fully remote, which means you work where and when helps you perform at your best. We regard autonomy highly and treat our organisation as a product – we iterate, improve and test things internally to see what works best for everyone.