We’re looking for a quality-minded, passionate senior-level Product Designer to join our remote team and make a change in how people perceive dating, sexuality and relationships.
At Feeld we are creating a world where women can explore their desires without judgement and couples can design their relationships. We are building an inclusive, human-centred product and are looking for an energetic and skillful Product Designer to join our growing product team.
You will be owning the UI and collaborating on the product design of our apps, and pave the way to delivering the smooth and flawless experience our members deserve.
What you’ll do:
Your mission is to take our product to the next level: provide a pleasant experience and help craft an interface which truly makes a difference, in collaboration with passionate humans working to redefine relationship norms.
You will be ready to hit the ground running. Within the first few months, you will have built a good understanding of our product and customers, of our market and internal processes, and will understand and navigate the Feeld aesthetic. You will also:
- Build a vision for how product design within the company should evolve based on the knowledge you’ve built of our customers
- Grasp and take over our design system, evolving it as you see fit
- Understand our frontend architecture in a way that allows you to experiment and prototype components in code, and collaborate closely with engineers to rebuild them solidly
- Collaborate with the team (a head of design and two product designers) to discover and deliver the right features for our customers
- Strong experience as a UI/product designer of a successful mobile product; both in new-to-market feature launches and optimising an existing product
- Eye for detail and passion for shipping fantastic experiences
- Experience with building and maintaining scalable design systems in Figma (Sketch and Abstract experience also a bonus). You're comfortable with native iOS and Android semantics, and preparing layouts that adapt to different screen sizes and localisations.
- Some knowledge of working with React Native, or being confident that you can pick up underlying concepts quickly. (For example, you have a solid grasp of modern HTML/CSS, the architecture of mobile applications, and you are not afraid of the terminal.)
- You care sincerely for delivering value to customers and you can articulate the rationale behind your decisions
- Experience working with research departments and gathering user feedback from users (be it through interviews, prototypes, user testing, or customer support)
- You like and know how to use data, and analyse decisions made
- Excellent communication skills (in writing, verbal, and visual). We value autonomy, but know alignment is important.
- Experience in working remotely and asynchronously
- Good understanding of software development and experience working in cross-functional teams
- Experience with consumer-based products
- Experience with mobile accessibility and inclusive design
- Experience with motion graphics
- Interest in human sexuality and alternative relationship models
Feeld is an independent, experimental and fully remote organisation reshaping the dialogue on dating and sexuality. The company was founded in 2014 and has evolved since to become the open, distributed structure it is now. We have a naturally agile and fluid culture. The whole team is fully remote, which means you work where and when helps you perform at your best. We regard autonomy highly and treat our organisation as a product – we iterate, improve and test things internally to see what works best for everyone.
Compensation & Perks:
We’ve designed compensation and perks in a way that supports the Core Values of the company.
One of those Core Values is: Human.
This means: We are conscious of how our work and decisions impact other humans and the environment. We design our product and organisation with attention to and consideration for the wellbeing and happiness of our members and colleagues. We believe in technology and working environments that enable people to live a meaningful, fulfilled life.
Therefore, we offer our staff:
- flexible working hours
- unlimited paid time off
- a fully remote working situation
Forget about gimmicks like Bumble giving their staff one week off because people were on the edge of burning out - Feeld’s way of working is designed to proactively prevent burnout and an “always on” culture.
Remote working works 95% of the year. However, we are in the business of facilitating human connection, so it makes sense that we’d also want to facilitate that with our staff. Pre-Covid, Feeld had annual in-person company retreats in destinations such as Gran Canaria, Vigo, Porto, and the English countryside. As soon as we can safely resume these, we will! Some of the perks of working at Feeld are:
- Company retreats
- Access to the Feeld Flat in Porto, Portugal
- You are able to use your expense account to purchase access to co-working spaces
One of our Core Values is: Transparent.
This means: We strive for complete openness of information within the organisation and for enabling honesty on our platform. Internally, we keep decision-making transparent to keep each other accountable and make sure all voices are heard. That is why:
- Everyone is given equity options
- We have open compensation data - everyone's salary and equity grants are public among the Feeld staff
One of our Core Values is: Fluid.
This means: We design and organise with fluidity in mind, avoiding overly prescriptive environments for our product, operations and growth. We encourage our members to freely explore their desires and design their relationships, and we make that possible by enabling each member of staff to work where and when helps them do their best work.
Ways Feeld supports team members being Fluid are:
- £3k budget for computer and home office set-up
- Expense account (£225 per month) to be used on co-working memberships, fitness, coffees, subscription to Headspace/Calm, etc.
- Training budget
- On-demand therapy sessions and mental health support via Spill