At Feeld we are on a mission to normalise sexuality. We are building an inclusive, human-centred product welcoming people in relationships or not to meet like-minded others.
We're looking for a social media expert who is both community-centric and self-motivated to join our remote team and make a change in how people perceive dating, sexuality and relationships. We need someone to own our entire social media operation – covering both Feeld and the Feeld-supported Mal Journal – to grow our brand presence across all social channels while building and nurturing an online community among those. Sitting within Feeld's Communications circle and working closely with the entire organisation, you will join a small team of super talented, mission-oriented humans spread across the world.
As Social Media & Online Community Manager you will be responsible for taking Feeld's social media presence to the next level. Taking ownership of the Feeld and Mal social channels, you will work proactively to build a loyal and dedicated online community (across both established and lesser-known/alternative social platforms) who will in turn help us to amplify all of the content we publish. From ideation to execution, you'll be responsible for the entire social media schedule and will work cross-teams to develop concepts, support projects and communicate learnings gained from your activities. As the voice of Feeld on social media, you will work closely with the Communications and Growth teams to develop campaigns and execute on Feeld's brand positioning goals. As the voice of Mal, you will be deeply engaged with the published content of previous and upcoming issues and will be able to interact with the literary and publishing communities on each platform. As with all of us, your role will cover many areas, including (for example) coverage of our offline events series, distribution of original content and also daily interaction with our community audience across all social channels.
You will be process driven and have a track record of successful social media management, while demonstrating a solid grasp on how and why online communities are developed.
If you're a list person, here are some of our expectations, listed:
- creative and open minded
- possess an aptitude for writing
- have a community-centric mindset
- passionate about brand development
- comfortable with change and ambiguity
- are an expert on all elements of social media
- are confident to pitch and execute your own ideas
- have a strong awareness of cultural tides and shifts in trend
- are excited by the potential of alternative social platforms (eg Reddit, Vimeo etc.)
- interest in working remotely
- experience with consumer based products
- experience working in dating or lifestyle industry
- experience with social media management software
- interest in contemporary fiction, poetry and criticism
Feeld is an independent, experimental and fully remote organisation reshaping the dialogue on dating and sexuality. The company was founded 5 years ago and has evolved since to become the transparent, flat structure it is now. We don't believe in standard management, so we have a naturally agile and fluid culture. The whole team is fully remote, which means you work where and when helps you perform at your best. We're self-managed and treat our organisation as a product – we iterate, improve and test things internally to see what works best for everyone. Some things we provide are:
- flexible working hours
- unlimited holidays
- fully remote
- annual retreats
- equity options
- expense account
- training budget
- computer and home office equipment
- transparency - open data, open salaries, open equity
- access to the Feeld Flat in Porto, Portugal
- friendly humans